August 27, 2012

Writing Momentum

691562941_b88b76d5e9_n
One of the few rules of physics that I know is that an object in motion tends to stay in motion, while it takes more exertion to get an object moving that isn’t in motion.

And so it is with writing.

The way you create momentum and keep the ball rolling is to continue writing. Taking long breaks will not help the cause.

I’ve taken a long break from this blog in order to get writing momentum going in some other areas. Now I’m back to get this ball rolling again.

What about you?

Is your writing gaining momentum or losing steam?

Are you enjoying the benefits that continuous writing affords, such as efficiency, writing faster, accomplishing more in less time, improving the craft?

Or are you deflated, facing writer’s block, stuck with your hands poised at the keyboard and no words flowing?

Take action.

Write something.

Get the ball rolling.


Image by Steven Kiyoda on flickr
signature

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Bonita,

You are back! I have missed you!
Writing is going well if it is just for blog posts, doing a series of articles to accompany some artwork.

Personal jouraling, going well.

Professional writing, not so much at the moment, caring for my mother is taking up the majority of my time.

So glad you are back!

Carole said...

Hi Bonita, I have enjoyed visiting.

AddThis