October 15, 2012

Day #15 Quotes for Writers

7827785878_34859830a8_n

“The reason 99% of all stories written are not bought by editors is very simple. Editors never buy manuscripts that are left on the closet shelf at home.” John Campbell

It’s true.
Many of us write things only to let them sit at home unpublished.
As I type these words I’m surrounded by notebooks full of my unpublished work and I know of at least two full books I have on a flash drive collecting electronic dust.
What keeps us from submitting our work?
Fear.
Procrastination.
Unbelief.
Laziness.
Distraction.
Lack of knowledge.
Life.
It’s time we pulled those potential bestsellers off the shelf and sent them to someone.
I’m in, are you?
To read more in the 31 Days of Quotes for Writers series, click the button.

Quotes-for-Writers-button

Stack of papers image courtesy of jenni from the block on flickr
signature

No comments:

AddThis