October 17, 2012

Day #17 Quotes for Writers

3997176264_44aa0d6147

“I’m writing a book. I’ve got the page numbers done.” Steven Wright


This is me every time I start a huge project.
It takes forever to get it off the ground. I do all the easy stuff first and avoid the actual writing process like the Black Plague.
I don’t think I’m alone.
Writing is scary business, especially when it involves a big project like a book. It was easier before I knew how much work is involved. I’m not so green anymore and I remember the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to flesh out words by the thousands.
It takes a while to convince myself that it’s really worth it to go through all that angst and agony again.
But I always do.
Just as soon as I finish the page numbers.
Quotes-for-Writers-button

Computer image courtesy of IvanWalsh.com on flickr
signature

1 comment:

Tessa Emily Hall said...

Love that quote! It seems every stage of writing a book is harder than the one before. Brainstorming is easy, and probably my favorite part. I love coming up with a new set of characters, story line, and writing down random scenes that come to mind. Then I do a vague outline, which is a bit more difficult since I have to organize the brainstorming into a storyline rather than just ideas. The first draft is fun to write, but it's still hard. Especially when you have writer's block, or you're not sure if this story is even worth writing anymore. Then, of course, going back and editing/revising/rewriting is the worst. That's the part of writing that I dread, although I do enjoy getting closer to seeing the finished product. It takes a lot of perseverance and passion to reach the end of the writing process.

AddThis