October 30, 2012

Day #30 Quotes for Writers

520997901_d8bfbce714_m

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn’t give it up because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley


Talent is no longer a prerequisite for becoming a famous author. I find that very sad, but it’s the way of the world.
But that’s not the greatest trouble when it comes to writing talent.
The biggest problem is that so many great writers don’t believe in their own ability.
So they do nothing.
I’m convinced that if more people attempted to get their writing published, we would soon discover that most of what is out there now is rubbish and true treasures would be found.
Talent is not the only measure of writing success.
What you choose to do with it is the other half of the equation.
Quotes-for-Writers-button
 Image of man typing by TheGiantVermin on flickr
signature

1 comment:

Karen Andreola said...

My husband thinks Robert Benchley is funny and has even read aloud a paragraph or two of Benchley to a group of youth who attended a speech class we held at our home. They youth thought it weird but amusing. Good writing crosses the lines of generations.

AddThis